Following on from the latest government guidelines regarding the coronavirus outbreak, William Smith Group 1832 would like to share some details about its latest position:
- Over 95% of our workforce are now safely working from or are isolated at home.
- For now, the material warehouse remains open, whilst the government allows, to fulfil essential orders from customers servicing contracts in the NHS, emergency services, local authorities and other key business groups, as there is still a requirement for products in these areas.
- Employees operating in the warehouse are isolated, well equipped with safety gear, have strict hygiene guidelines in place and are following government best practice advice in respect to safe working spaces.
- Customers still needing help or advice with any material enquiry or previous order, can still contact a member of our team. All sales, marketing and finance staff are available but working from home. They can be reached by their usual email address or on 01833 690305.
- Yesterday, we took the decision to close our main production site. This means our sign trade manufacturing service has temporarily stopped. All shop floor and fabrication operatives are now at home.
- Any customer with an outstanding sign enquiry can still speak to an advisor by email or if needed by phone, on 01833 694700.
- We are still working with our main suppliers to make sure we have enough stock for the foreseeable future and to ensure when conditions allow, service levels can quickly get back to normal.
As always, our company is doing everything it can to ensure the safety of all its employees and whilst needed, we will maintain service levels to offer help and support to any customer wherever and whenever needed.
Further updates will follow as circumstances change.
On behalf of everyone at William Smith Group 1832, we wish everyone the best of health in these unprecedented times.